The Gaming Startup Retreatis an international acceleration program for startups in the gaming, entertainment and creative industries
Over the course of 6 weeks, the teams will have access to workshops, lectures, mentoring and networking with professionals from the various areas of these industries, regionally, nationally and internationally.
The 10 startups/studios selected will have the opportunity to:
- participate in workshops (e.g. game design, growth, community, marketing, KPIs,...)
- have access to mentors (more than 15 mentors will be present at the event)
- Networking with industry and ecosystem players
- Time to enjoy Madeira Island and have a moment of "retreat"
- Working with other like-minded people
- stand side by side with their team
Grants: Each startup will be given a grant of €2,500 to support their expenses during their participation in the program.
This is a program developed by Startup Madeira, within the activities of the eGames Lab consortium, and funded by the Recovery and Resilience Plan.
Specific objectives and themes were assigned to each week:
1st week: Startup Assessment & Goals
2nd week: Game Design & Business Model
3rd week: Audience & Strategy
4th week: Marketing, Community and Investment
5th week: Team Potential & Game Connection to the real World
6th week: Pitch e Demo Day
Dates and Location
The 2nd edition of the Gaming Startup Retreat will take place between February 19 and March 27, 2024
The initiative will take place at Reitoria da Universidade da Madeira - Colégio dos Jesuítas
For more details on the program, see the official website: www.gaming.startupmadeira.eu.